Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Live Simply"

My girlfriend took this picture of me this summer on the lake. I had just gotten in the boat after a glorious ski and as the boat launched forward the towel was thrown in my face. Life is full of these moments, don't you think?





I woke up this morning thinking "what happened?" All weekend, including yesterday seemed to pass with a blur. That's when I told myself that I needed to slow down. (That was right after the thought of going back to school to get my B.A., not a B.M., that might be a resulting symptom though! What am I thinking? I surtainly am not simplifying!) I need to live in the moment or just "Live Simply" If I could have one wish, it would be that I could stop time, or at least slow it down some! I find myself constantly thinking about those memorable moments with the kids, or my husband, or even the animals and wishing that I could be there again to catch something I may have missed! I guess I could wish all I want, because unless there is a real time capsule, it's just not going to happen. Oh, I wish!

After reading some blogs this morning and really connecting with this one
">Link

I found that I can do this. I can live simply. I need to be content with where I am in life. Which I am. The hardest part, for me, is to live in the moment. I am always in such a hurry to get somewhere, or do something, and make sure that I am doing everything, that I just need to take the time to enjoy what I am doing now! How hard can that be?


Ok I can't get the link to work so here is the web address http://www.aliedwards.typepad.com/

1 comment: